Radon is a naturally occurring gas found in the ground within soils, rock and water. Radon is said to be the #2 cause of lung cancer. Other studies have shown radon may contribute to childhood leukemia, pancreatic cancer and several other pulmonary cancers. Levels of Radon can “build” within our homes and become a health risk. Professional testing of the indoor environment of buildings can accurately determine the levels of radon within the inside living or working environment.
Clogged chimneys, malfunctioning stoves, water heaters, space heaters, as well as auto, boat and airplane exhaust releases carbon monoxide into the air that you breathe. You cannot taste it, see it or smell it! Levels of 9 parts per million (ppm) can adversely affect your health after about 8 hours. Levels of 400 ppm can create unconsciousness and death after only 3 to 5 hours. Most household carbon monoxide alarms do not warn residents until around 30ppm. Professional testing for the presence of carbon monoxide in a building can detect levels as little as 5 ppm.