Mold

moldAdvance Look specializes in the inspection of indoor environments for mold and moisture conditions along with the related issues from the science of building construction in Alaska. Combining these two important specialties allows us to be stewards of indoor air quality issues and their causes.

Many homes in Alaska can create moist conditions simply by their design or can suffer from some sort of water leakage, either of which can create potentially harmful mold growth indoors.  Mold and the airborne spores, toxins and Hyphal fragments (roots) it produces can cause allergic reactions, asthma, and other, more serious respiratory complaints. When airborne mold spores find something damp to stick to, they colonize (grow) and release new spores. Mold growing outdoors is seldom ever a health risk. But when mold grows indoors, spore levels can reach concentrations significantly higher than outdoors and cause a number of adverse reactions in people and animals, including rashes and itching skin, eye Рnose and throat irritations, chronic headaches, respiratory infections, nausea, and trigger asthma attacks, just to name a few.